Ubud Village Jazz Festival (UVJF) 2017
Ubud Village Jazz Festival is a music festival situated in the artistic surroundings of Ubud Bali, Indonesia.
Since 2010 Yuri Mahatma, a musician, a composer and a music teacher, and a founder of Underground Jazz Movement together with Anom Darsana, the director and owner of ANTIDA Music Productions, had worked together for some routine projects of jazz concerts, each time with different theme.
In the early of 2012 they conceived the idea of a community concert. With the involvement and support of majority of artist communities, the concept of hosting a community concert in this unique village was born.
2013 is our first UVJF.
- Small, but perfectly formed (20 performances/100 musicians/2days fest/3 stages)
- Quality Bands spanning the varieties of Jazz forms
- Food Festival; provides culinary mostly from surrounding’s best food.
- International Jazz Fest ; performers are from many different nationalities
- Edu-Mission : involving new talents and music students.
UVJF also facilitates a workshop of local and National music educators to investigate ways of getting more young people interested in playing Jazz.
UVJF is an annual international jazz festival and empowered by communities. It is financed through sponsorship, advertising and pitch-fees from traders, tickets, booth and merchandises.
UVJF is entirely reliant on a very small group of volunteers, the event taking almost 1,000 volunteer man-hours to organize. It is their exceptionally hard work and dedication that brings Borough residents and visitors into the Town, boosting the local economy, creating an event that Ubud residents would say is one of the most enjoyable in the calendar.
UVJF putting a smile on the faces of 5,000 people, irrespective of age, ability, creed or wealth
- REGULAR DAY 1 (11 Aug 17) : Rp 440.000
- REGULAR DAY 2 (12 Aug 17) : Rp 440.000
- REGULAR 2 DAY PASS : Rp 660.000